3/23/15

Save Me by Jenny Elliott Review!




20945113

Debut-novelist Jenny Elliott’s thrilling romance, chosen by readers, writers, and publishers for the first list in the new Swoon Reads imprint, pours on the tension and danger in an addictive combination that will keep you turning pages!

Something strange is going on in the tiny coastal town of Liberty, Oregon. Cara has never seen a whale swim close enough for her to touch it—let alone knock her into the freezing water. Fortunately, cute newcomer David is there to save her, and the rescue leads to a bond deeper than Cara ever imagined.

But then she learns something about David that changes everything, and Cara is devastated. She turns to her best friend for support, but Rachel has changed. She’s suddenly into witchcraft, and is becoming dangerously obsessed with her new boyfriend….

Cara has lost her best friend, discovered that her soul mate is off limits, and has attracted the attention of a stalker. But she’s not completely alone. Her mysterious, gorgeous new friend Garren is there to support her. But is Garren possibly too perfect?

    By the first chapter I was already captivated by Save Me. This book was had my feelings all over the place and I loved it. I loved the slow building anticipation and how the book was blown wide open towards the end. It fit perfectly for the story. Also, the characters were full of life in this book. We were introduced to Cara in a whirlwind of action and I liked her from the start. She is ruthless when it comes to getting what she wants and she doesn't back down even if she is afraid. She is a main character I admire for that. Then we have David. The relationship between him and Cara is SO sweet. I loved it to pieces. He is so attentive and caring. Something about him just attracts me. Garren, however, was a little odd. I wasn’t sure what to think of him at first, but by the end I adored him too. Some of the things he said just melted my heart.

   The mystery of Save Me had me hooked, not to mention the fact that only fifty pages in and the author was already pulling at my heart strings. I have to say, that is a record. I was even more intrigued when odd things started happening around Cara. This is just one of those books that you know something isn't right and something bad is coming. I really couldn't put Save Me down. Every page had me wondering what was going on around Cara, who Garren really was, and why everyone was acting so odd. This is the kind of book that will have you on the edge of your seat until the very end. This book had me feeling all sorts of emotions from love to hatred to fear to happiness and it was an awesome thing to experience.

   This is a contemporary book with a supernatural twist and I absolutely love it. It is definitely going on my favorites list. I mean, I stayed up until 2 AM reading it. If that isn't love then I don't know what is. The writing is simple yet very entertaining and I highly recommend it to you if you love books about witchcraft, demons, and angels. I give it five out of five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment