1/8/15

The Boy with the Hidden Name (Otherworld #2) by Skylar Dorset Review!

21900138

This is not your average trip to Fairyland...

Selkie Stewart has just saved her quasi-boyfriend, Ben, from a fairy prison run by the Seelie Court. If they weren't the two most-wanted individuals in the Otherworld before, they definitely are now. Along with Ben and the rest of their ragtag group of allies-Selkie's ogre aunts; a wizard named Will; Ben's cousin Safford; and Kelsey, Selkie's best friend-Selkie is ready to embrace her destiny and bring the Court down. Until she hears the rest of her prophecy: Benedict le Fay will betray you, and then he will die.

    The Boy with the Hidden Name was amazing. It was a step up from The Girl Who Never Was and I am telling you that this book was full of action, adventure, love, and crazy faeries. We pick up right where The Girl Who Never Was left off and from the start we are thrown back into Selkie’s journey to save Boston and ultimately, the world. There were so many twists in this book that had me just staring open mouthed at it. There is never a dull moment in this book. There are also heartbreaking moments that you wished never happened, but it wouldn’t be an amazing book if it didn’t make you feel something right? That brings me to Selkie and Ben’s relationship in the story. I loved the chemistry they had in this book. I won’t give anything away but in the end my heart was happy. There are definitely rough patches throughout the story, but without them the story wouldn’t capture you like it did me. This book explores more Otherworld realms like Goblinopolis (I am not making that up) and the Unseelie Court. I loved that we got to see more sides of this world the Skylar has created; it made the book come alive. I have to say that I loved this book a little more that The Girl Who Never Was simply because there was so much going on in this story. I read the book in one sitting because I was so captivated. If you love magical adventures, faeries, heartwarming relationships, and a crazy journey then this book is for you. I give it five out of five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment