11/6/14

Rites of Passage Read Along: Chapters 1-10!




I am back with my reaction to chapters one through ten of Rites of Passage and I have to tell you, I had fun looking for pictures to try to match my feelings for what I read. We are introduced to Sam and her impossibility of refusing a dare, and then we are introduced to the Denmark Military Academy (DMA). I have to be honest; the first thing that popped into my head when I read a description of the DMA was an old movie that used to play on the Disney Channel called Cadet Kelly. Some of you may know what I am talking about, but it was about a girl (played by Hilary Duff) who attended a military academy. Anyway, I thought it would be fitting to use pictures from that movie to show my reaction to different things!

The first four chapters of RoP are super intense, and it only gets more intense from there. The first character that got the strongest reaction from me was Corporal Matthews. Whew, do I hate that guy. I instantly hated the way he acted and talked to Sam. He was just like this:
I still hate him. But nevertheless, he was an important character in Sam’s journey. Anyway, then the Corporals made the new recruits run through an obstacle course. During the scene where Sam is struggling on the obstacle course, I kept cheering her on. She showed that she isn’t one to give up, even under extreme pressure, and I really loved that. The way Matthews kept on badgering and baiting her though had me screaming internally.

 
But there is a glimmer of hope in the first ten chapters and that is Drill Sargeant Stamm. *sigh*
I instantly felt a connection between him and Sam start up, and it just made things that much more interesting because being interested in your Drill Sargent is a no no. From the start we are thrown into a world that none of us have ever experienced, and I could already tell that it was going to be one crazy ride, and I wasn’t wrong! Things get interesting in chapters eleven through twenty-one! Check back next week to see just how interesting.

 Over and out,

Ivey

#TheCadre

 

No comments:

Post a Comment