11/16/14

Burdened by Pieri Ann Review!




23460931

Eighteen-year-old Tracey Warren is a ‘run-of-the-mill’ high school student on the verge of graduation. She has her friends and her fun; she has life all figured out. Or she thought she did.
Her pedestrian reality crashes around her after an innocuous touch from a diabolically handsome stranger. Just one touch from Nathan Newcomb and her head and her world spins out of control. Soon she discovers that the only cure for the uneasy feelings and pain is Nathan himself. A man whose very existence balances between violent chaos and rigidly controlled dangers.
Nathan knows that the life of a woman mated to a burdened Sephlem is destined for peril beyond a human’s reckoning. But Tracey calls to his desire to experience love in spite of the hazards. And Nathan’s impossibly potent magnetism draws Tracey into a bonding that will put her in mortal danger again and again.
Once the pair becomes one, the threat escalates and nowhere is safe. There are enemies that lurk behind every corner. But the greatest danger may be in the bloodlines that course through Nathan’s veins.
Can a love for all time survive or will their burdened souls surrender and fade away?

Burdened starts out very mysteriously in the beginning and a little slow at first, but as the book progresses things got more interesting. I liked the spark of interest that ignited between Tracy and Nathan, and I also liked the hot and cold attitude Nathan had towards Tracey. It was infuriating but it was very entertaining. It also keeps you guessing what will happen next. Tracy is sassy and headstrong which I love in a character. She is a strong heroine that can stand on her own. Nathan is mysterious, handsome, and protective, which makes me fall in love with him as the story progresses. Although some people may not like how smooth he can come off as in the book or a little over the top, it fits with the premise of the story. Speaking of the premise of the story, I found it fascinating.

We are introduced to these new creatures called the Sephlem and although it is a little complicated to understand at first, it becomes easier to understand as we learn more about Nathan and his past. This book is full of creativity and action. It is probably one of the most action filled books I have ever read. Burdened is one of those books that start off in a normal setting and by the end it feels like you are in a completely different world. I cannot decide how I feel about it, but I can say that it is interesting. It will be very easy to lose yourself in this book because it feels like this is four books all rolled into one. This book has so much action and so many scenes that feel like the climax of the story that it feels like you are reading a series in one book. If you need a book to get lost in (in a good way) then Burdened is the book for you. The pacing of the book can be a little overwhelming but I like that sometimes. This truly is a book that will completely capture your attention. A few warnings for some of you, one, this book is a mature young adult book so if you do not like mature content in your books then this book isn’t for you. Also, the whole premise of this book revolves around a girl falling for this guy and they are interested in each other right from the start. It fits with the story, but I know some people hate the idea of love at first sight so I figured I would go ahead and warn you. I really liked this book, some characters annoyed me and the pacing can be a little overwhelming, but over all I really enjoyed this story. I am looking forward to the sequal to see what happens next. I give it four out of five stars.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ivey,

    Thanks for your review and for reading my book. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
    Book two is Tainted and will be released December (Next month). If interested, I can definitely gift you a copy ;)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. That is great! I would love to get my hands on Tainted that is for sure! :)

      Delete