7/16/14

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review




    Layla just wants to be a normal seventeen-year-old, fit in at school, and go out on a date with gorgeous Zayne, whom she has had a crush on forever. The trouble is that Zayne only sees Layla as a sister, and Layla is anything but normal. She is a half-demon, half-gargoyle, with the abilities no one else has. Layla’s kiss will kill anything with a soul, and even though Zayne is a Warden, a race of gargoyle tasked with hunting demons and protecting humanity, she could kill him too. Then Layla meets Roth, a tattooed demon who professes to know all her secrets, and everything changes. She knows she should stay away but it is tough when the whole kissing thing isn’t an issue. However, trusting Roth could ruin her relationship with the Wardens. Soon Layla will have to decide whom to trust because demons are coming for her, and when the end of the world is looming, kissing a demon pales in comparison.

    I loved every page of White Hot Kiss. I have never read a book like this where it features, gargoyles, demons, AND a zombie. The myth and mystery in the story had me excited to read nonstop. This book gave me all the feels; I will admit that I cried in the end.  I got angry, I got happy, I got sad, and I loved every minute of it. THANK GOD, THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL. The romance was spectacular and fiery, the action was heart pounding, and the dialogue was hilarious! The main character is so relatable (for me anyway) and that is what I love most about books, characters that seem so real. This book made me want to read more of Jennifer's work and I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for me. You will definitely not be disappointed with this book. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a good fantasy book filled with everything you love in a book. I give it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment