7/24/14

Breathe, Annie, Breathe By Miranda Kenneally Review!


    Annie hates running but she will do it anyway in honor of Kyle. However, no matter how far she runs she cannot escape the guilt that if she hadn't broken up with him then Kyle might still be alive. Training for a marathon is harder than Annie thought, not only is she at war with her body, but she is also at war with her heart. Every mile Jeremiah cheers her on she gets more confused. She wants to run into his arms but she also wants to run in the opposite direction. As Annie starts opening up to the idea of loving again she begins to realize that running a marathon might be doable but running away from matters of the heart? Not so much.

     Let's talk about how Miranda has made me cry, laugh, get angry, get annoyed, and most of all has made me long for boys that don't exist. Some might call those things cruel, but I call them casualties of an excellent writer. Breathe, Annie, Breathe had my emotions on a roller coaster from the very beginning and I couldn't put the book down. It took the clock turning to 5 AM to convince me that I might need to put it down for some beauty sleep. I have got to say that this book is probably one of my favorite NA contemporary novels that I have ever read and I've read a lot. I have never been so captured by a contemporary novel before like I was with this book. I felt Annie's pain and her determination and most of all I felt her heart. Miranda did such an amazing job of bringing her characters to life that I couldn't help but fall in love with them. It's rare that I admire a fictional character but I admired the hell out of Annie and her determination to run in Kyle's memory. And Jeremiah had me blushing and swooning like a little school girl. Yet ANOTHER fictional boy I'm crushing on *sigh* but what are you gonna do with such amazing boyfriend material? Everything about this book had my heart feeling all the emotions. All the feels. I also love the fact that this book has more of a new adult feel where as her previous books are more young adult. I have to say that this is Miranda's best novel so far, and that's saying a lot since her other books are at the top of my favorites list. I highly recommend this book to lovers of breathtaking NA contemporaries that will sweep you off your feet and capture your heart. I give this book five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment